Thursday, February 9, 2023

Three Years Old

Coach Jeff’s Blog turns three years old this weekend. That’s right, folks, we’ve successfully made it through “the terrible twos!”

When I wrote the first piece September 20, 2011—introducing you to myself and outlining my goals for the blog—I had no idea how fast three years would go by. 

image

I was also not entirely sure how long I would write it. Nearly 750 posts later, I still have a passion for writing and a desire to keep Coach Jeff’s Blog going with no end in sight.

Next stop, Post 1000! 

The original concept, the framework, for this blog was to build off my 11+ years as a youth baseball coach. I’d use the coaching motif to talk about other topics, too. From the ‘about’ section on my main page: I hope you enjoy my views on baseball, family life, P.R., suburbia and basically anything related to the adventure that comes with being a dad and husband in these crazy, modern times.

Today, that pretty much sums up the blog. Still.

Early on, I think I leaned more on war stories about my days on the diamond. I may still work in a Choppers story from time to time but certainly less in 2014 than in 2011 (when we were just a little more than a year removed from our last game). I may also comment on youth sports from time to time as timely topics arise.

Some of the other ‘threads’ of Coach Jeff include: career, life in the suburbs, friends, parenting, volunteerism and sports in general. I’ve also written a lot about Roger the Cat because he is so darn interesting.

Over time, I have changed the look of the blog (just to keep things fresh). I also added the subscription opportunity. You may subscribe, today if you like, by filling out the button just to the right of this post.  Or if you prefer, you might go to Bloglovin.com and look me up that way. You can subscribe to a feed via that provider as well (especially if you haven’t signed up or if you had trouble with the Feedburner option).

If your Feedburner feed is doing well for you, that’s great too.

I receive feedback from my loyal readers from time to time. Some will like a post via Tumblr. Others will post comments in response when I upload the link to Facebook each night (Monday-Thursday with a few special weekend posts on occasion).

I appreciate all the comments and, moreover, I really appreciate all the loyal readers I have.

If there are certain topics you’d like to see me cover from time to time, drop me a note. I tend to stay away from anything political or controversial. I figure there are enough sources for those already. Besides, my goal, really, isn’t to offend anyone. Why would you want to do that?

Three years in the books and going strong.  I’m proud of the accomplishment and ready to write.

What’s the famous quote from Admiral Farragut? "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

It applies to both boats AND blogs.

JG

Originally posted 9/18/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Atlanta 1996

Sometimes the decisions you don't make are as defining as the ones you do. For 15 minutes, on Friday July 27, 1996, I sat on a bench jus...