Thursday, February 9, 2023

Happy Birthday, Mom

There’s nothing magical about today’s blog; no witty dialogue.

It’s just this simple: I want to wish a very Happy Birthday to my mom, Pat Gary.

Everyone thinks they have the best mother in the world. I HAVE the best mother in the world.

See!

image

When my sister and I were kids, she always made sure we had the special treats we loved so much. She took great care of us when we were sick; even volunteered in the school clinics.

She also made sure that Santa brought the perfect gifts at Christmas time. And now that we are adults, she has gone back around to help Santa re-find some of those childhood gifts again. A few years ago at Christmas, she surprised me with one of the treasured books from childhood, “Dragon in the Clockbox.” Another Christmas, and I received Big Jim and his camper. Yet a third year, and it was Rock’m Sock’m robots!

Also during the holidays, she makes sure to prepare some of our favorite confections. Of particular note, are the lemon icebox pie and Cherry O cream cheese pie. 

My mother is also a wonderful grandmother to four vivacious grandkids. And, in this modern era, she has mastered a number of social media channels that help her to stay in touch with the grandkids as well as friends and other family members.

No. There’s no doubt. I have the best mom. It’s probably no accident that her birthday comes on the first day of fall, the best season of the year!

So, without further delay, let me take this opportunity to wish a very Happy Birthday to this special lady.

Happy Birthday, Mom!

JG

Originally posted 9/22/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Atlanta 1996

Sometimes the decisions you don't make are as defining as the ones you do. For 15 minutes, on Friday July 27, 1996, I sat on a bench jus...