Early voting started today in Knox County and I took advantage of the opportunity. I hope you do the same.
Left. Right. Old. Young. It’s just so easy. Go do it.
I used to be a traditionalist; I liked to cast my vote on Election Day. I guess the last time I did this was back in ’04. These days, I opt for the convenience of early voting. Do it on my time and at my convenience.
Today, I Voted.

Early voting runs from October 15 through October. WBIR.com has a list of all of the early voting sites around town.
One of the things I like the most about early voting at Farragut Town Hall is how friendly the precinct workers are. There were just a couple other voters on hand when I cast my ballot after work this evening. Because the poll worker:voter ratio was rather low, you might say I got lots of close personal attention.
I like that just fine.
A couple years ago, when Holly early voted at the same polling location, one of the workers ascertained that she was voting for the first time. The poll workers gave her a standing ovation.
Talk about close personal attention.
I also like how close the polling site is and how convenient it is to park just a few feet away from the building and walk right in. The whole process took me less than 15 minutes (of course, it helps to have done some research on the issues and the candidates before you walk in). Today, in the rain, that was especially nice.
At any rate, you can’t beat it. You couldn’t get a haircut in less time. Or do your grocery shopping. Or get an oil change.
What I’m saying is there is no reason to skip it. The election commission has made the process very user-friendly. There are no long lines. The machines are easy to use.
So, folks, I hope you follow my advice: Get Out and Vote!
JG
Originally posted 10/15/2014
No comments:
Post a Comment