Happy Birthday, Holly! I hope you have a fantastic day.
Today is 21st birthday of my lovely daughter. That’s a special number, as you know. And a special girl. We’ll mark the occasion later today.
Holly was born on St. Patrick’s Day and over the years, folks have asked why we didn’t consider naming her Erin or Shannon - you know, names with an Irish flair. We never really considered it. From the first moment, I laid eyes on her, she was Holly.
I’ll never forget that moment, either, because just after she was born, I spoke to her and looked at her and she immediately looked right back at me. She obviously recognized the voice from all those many storybooks I had been reading aloud from the previous few months.
Fast forward a year and we have the ‘Blizzard of '93’ that I wrote about earlier this week. That freak mid-March blast of winter weather fell just before Holly’s first birthday.

We did a low-key sort of event. Just a few friends, a few presents, a few pictures and, of course…cake. The cake was decorated in green, appropriately, as it has been for every birthday since then: #2, #3, #5, #10. Sweet 16. Elite 18. And today.
The 21st birthday cake will also be topped with green accents and we’ll plan a big celebration for this evening.
Happy Birthday Holly. And may this special birthday be filled with excitement, happiness and joy.
JG
Originally posted 3/17/2013
No comments:
Post a Comment