Monday, July 6, 2026

America 250 Redux

Today: One last #CoachJeff post on America250 as we look back at the holiday weekend.

Our's was a fun and relaxing celebration and I hope the same is true for you.

Things we did to celebrate:


Things we didn't do:

  • Attend the local parade. It was a bit too hot for the home folks.
  • Attend a fireworks exhibition. Everyone was enjoying the family gathering so much the time got a way from us.
  • Set off fireworks on our own. It is illegal to do so in our county. Some neighbors didn't get that memo, however.

Not to worry. It was a very nice 4th of July despite a few booms.

Lots of laughter and energy from my kids and their cousins. My mother soaking it all up. My sister and I having a nice sidebar conversation. Lisa playing the role of genteel hostess and doting aunt.

It was one for the books. 

I did slip outside for an early morning walk and prayer time. And, yes, that was me out in the front yard pausing to salute the flag. I told you last week I am a nerd when it comes to such things.

As for the day, the burgers were tasty, the company was great and the home team won.

A perfect holiday recipe!

JG


No comments:

Post a Comment

Atlanta 1996

Sometimes the decisions you don't make are as defining as the ones you do. For 15 minutes, on Friday July 27, 1996, I sat on a bench jus...