Thursday, May 21, 2026

Class of...

There's been a fun game circulating around Facebook the last few weeks. I've noticed a few of my classmates (and some from adjoining years) enjoying the challenge.

I've been a bit busy this month so I've not yet played along. Then. I said to myself (Hey self) why don't you do this as a part of the blog. Get a post. Play the game. 

Buy one; Get one.

So, without further delay, here goes:

Class of: 1981

1. Did you know your spouse?
No, but coincidentally, she was also a member of the Class of '81 at her high school.

2. Type of Car?
1966 Ford Mustang

3. Where did you work?
Rax Roast Beef


4. Where did you live?
Hidden Valley. For years, I swore we invited the salad dressing on our street.

5. Were you popular?
Popularity is such a subjective thing! But, of course, newspaper people are well-known (and if you do your job, well-respected). I was sports editor of my school newspaper, so, I think I was well-known and well-liked.

6. Choir or band?
Have your heard me try to sing? And I play no musical instrument of any sort.

7. Ever get suspended?
No

8. If you could, would you go back?
Absolutely! If I ever invent that time machine I keep talking about...

9. Still talk to the person you went to prom with?
No. I think she'd like to just forget it ever happened.

10. Did you skip school?
Once and there is a great story related to it. My friend and I were hanging out at the cemetery across the road from where I now live. He started cutting up and dancing around. The next thing you know, a whirlwind kicked up and all these leaves started swirling around us. We sprinted to his car and get the heck out of there. Taught us nothing good comes from skipping school!

11. Go to all of the football games?
Yes, I would have done it for fun anyway but, as sports editor, it was part of the job description.

12. Favorite subject?
English would be an easy answer. I've mentioned newspaper twice already. So, I'm going to go with French and Mlle Burleson. It's been such a recurring theme in my life with trips to France and Quebec as well as being a parent. Both of my kids studied the language.

13. Do you still have your yearbook?
Yes.

14. Did you follow your career?
Yes, there are actually a few #CoachJeff blog posts on this topic.

15. Do you still have your class ring?
No. But there could be an interesting future #CoachJeff post telling you why.

16. Who was your favorite teacher?
Nancy Johnson, English.

17. What was your style?
Preppy.

18. High School Mascot?
Farragut Admirals. Fun fact, I am related to someone who once donned the Admiral Dave costume for a couple years.

19. Favorite restaurant?
So many choices but I am going to have to go with Mr. Gatti's because of all the Friday nights hanging out there with friends. Like the night people kept getting shushed when we were trying to learn who actually shot JR!

20. Favorite band?
Electric Light Orchestra. In post high school days, the answer would certainly be U2. But, in those days, good ol' ELO.

21. High school hair?
Somewhat longish and a bit curly.


22. What was your favorite cologne?
I've never worn cologne.

23. How old were you when you graduated?
18 

24. Who do you think will play?
I hope lots of readers of Coach Jeff's Blog!

Enjoy!

JG

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Atlanta 1996

Sometimes the decisions you don't make are as defining as the ones you do. For 15 minutes, on Friday July 27, 1996, I sat on a bench jus...