Monday, April 27, 2026

Fresh Look 2

Our church, Farragut Presbyterian Church, has launched a capital campaign this month. Fresh Look 2 concludes next Sunday with commitment Sunday.

Last night, we had a kickoff dinner to launch the campaign.

I am honored to be a part of the campaign leadership committee. As a professional communictaor, I was able to offer some edits and ideas to our original campaign package - an invitation, a letter and case statement. And I was present at one of the Q & A sessions to inform parishioners about the specifics of the plan.

This colorful sunburst serves as a branding element to identify Fresh Look 2 materials.


Like any good "sequel," Fresh Look 2 comes on the heels of the original Fresh Look for a Welcoming Church. As a result of that campaign eight years ago FPC renovated and updated the fellowship and education wings of the existing building. The campaign (and resulting upgrades) were a huge success.

Fresh Look 2 will fund a refresh to our sanctuary and narthex. The current FPC sanctuary was build in 1999. All the fixtures and furnishings are original to that construction. So, it is definitely time for a re-fresh. The project will result in a Fresh Look, if you will, for FPC. 

There are six components to the project. The end result will spruce things up nicely and upgrade the space.
Here are some renderings  that shows one potential concept for the narthex area. 


That space is one of the six areas of focus for the project.

FPC features a warm community feel. We're hoping this project will make our building more warm and inviting to prospective new members.

The warm vibe was on display yesterday at worship in the morning as well as in the evening at the dinner. Lisa and I made our campaign commitment. That felt good. And moreover, it felt good to sit with some church friends, catch up and support our pastor.

I'm in hopes that others in the congregation will also support Fresh Look 2. The first night was very encouraging. Here's hoping this will be a productive week leading to a successful commitment Sunday.


JG


JG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Atlanta 1996

Sometimes the decisions you don't make are as defining as the ones you do. For 15 minutes, on Friday July 27, 1996, I sat on a bench jus...