Good evening. And a belated Happy New Year to you.
Today was the first day back at work for lots of folks. Passing by conversations, you’d hear snatches of:
- Have a nice Christmas?
- Were your holidays good?
- Did you have a Happy New Year?
If today was your first day back in the saddle at work, I hope it was a good one. I hope your New Year is off to a good start and that you have been able to keep most (if not all) of your New Year’s resolutions.
If you were able to take time off for the holidays, I hope you had a good break. Before our blissful period of R & R becomes too distant in the rear view mirror, let me say, I had a good break. It was full of friends and family; food and fellowship.
We were busier than normal during the last two weeks of December. For one thing, we helped Holly move her stuff back to TN from AZ. If you ever want any advice about transporting a vehicle cross-country, we had a good experience I’d be glad to recap. Oh, and you can purchase very nice boxes, online, from UHaul.

Otherwise, we were able to shoehorn more than just a modicum of activity into our downtime.
Here is a quick summary of What I Did Over My Winter Break. We:
• Attended a candlelight Christmas Eve service at FPC.
• Planned the annual get-together for her family and also hosted my family another night.
• Saw a Movie in the theatre (“Into the Woods”) and enjoyed one of the DVD copies of “Guardians of the Galaxy” that the ones received as a gift. (Oh, I also ironed a number of shirts, that night, as we watched the film.)
• Read many books (I completed one and started another. I lost track of how many the others finished.).
• Pared back the holiday decoration collection (and consolidated our storage of said items).
• Went for nice walks in the neighborhood (weather permitting).
• Attended a holiday get-together with church committee friends.
• Enjoyed watching our family’s year-end slideshow (this has become an annual tradition that we enjoy tremendously).
• Met a sagacious friend for breakfast, another pal for dinner, a third for coffee and a dear couple for brunch. Did I mention…we ate lots of great food over the holidays?!?
It was an amazing break. We were able to decompress after a busy fourth quarter of 2014. We spent special times together. And, also importantly, we were also able to it the re-boot button as we prepare to face the challenges of the new year.
JG
Originally posted 1/5/2015
No comments:
Post a Comment