It’s Friday Eve and that means we have nearly made it through another week.
It’s been a busy one for us. Lisa’s nearing the end of semester and my work and volunteer activities have kept me busy.
Here are a few snippets from the week and some associated thoughts.
Job Market
This week, I met with a friend who has entered the job market. I know of at least one other. My first two thoughts are:
• I am blessed and thankful to have a wonderful job. I’m thrilled to be where I am. I love the work and the people I work with.
• Prayers rising for this friend (and all others who are searching) that they are so fortunate to land in a similar situation.
Meanwhile, I gave some advice and counsel to this friend as he searches and I will do what I can to help him.
Le Pauvre
Roger has been, quite literally, licking his wounds this week. Sometime at the beginning of the week, he suffered a gash on his back left leg. His malady has prompted Holly to refer to him as Le Pauvre (the poor one) as she dotes on him and expresses sympathy. That girl sure does love her big orange cat!
He slept most of the day Sunday, stayed indoors most of the day on Monday and, this morning, he was pushing me to go back outside.
Too much yard to explore, too many sights and sounds to miss.
After two days on the disabled list, Le Pauvre is now ready to get back into the game. Well, maybe, that is, after a nap.

You Can’t Always Get What You Want
But sometimes you do…
I’ve been making some of my usual bad puns all week after I was able to pick up a couple tickets to see the Rolling Stones in Nashville in June.
- I was successful. So, I wasn’t Shattered.
- Will be in my seat that night at the concert so I won’t be Waiting on a Friend.
- Getting the tickets = Satisfaction
You get the idea (groans now).
I have never seen the Stones; always wanted to. I’m looking forward to it.
I’ve also reached out to some friends who may also be attending the show. Whatever the case, I’m sure this will be one of the highlights of the Summer of 2015.
And it was definitely one of the highlights of the week that was.
Finally, I would be remiss if I didn’t take this opportunity to wish my lovely wife a happy anniversary. The actual date is this upcoming weekend but the sentiment is forever!
JG
Originally posted 4/16/2015
No comments:
Post a Comment