Saturday, January 28, 2023

Snippets from the Day

As we roll through our busy lives each day, we pass in and out of conversations. Sometimes if you just listen, you can hear interesting snippets that give you a bit of insight into our world (even if the details are out of context and the background story unavailable).

On a busy Monday, I kept my eyes and ears open and I recorded some of the things I heard from various folks at all the places I went.

Here, then, are some snippets from the day…

  • “Car dealers are willing to deal right now. I told the guy, I want this car at their cost. He told me ‘But, I have to make a few hundred dollars profit.’ I told him, “You’re already making a profit on the…”
  • “You’re just 82 points away from a free one!”
  • “I believe Obamacare will be their Achilles heel.”
  • “They’re running a special on avocados right now – three for a dollar with a $5 purchase.”
  • “They recommend the B.F. Goodrich because of road noise…”
  • “I can’t believe it has been 10 years since the tv show, ‘Friends,’ ended.”

image
  • “The selection of veggies is awful.”
  • “You all right?”
  • “So far, so good.”
  • “The fire drill people are out in full force.”
  • “I will send you the new detailed schedule, probably tomorrow.”
  • “U da man!”
  • “There are just too many of us here!”
  • “What time do you want to pick up tomorrow?”
  • “Cool. I’m in the long line of cars.”
  • “Hey, good to see ya!” 
  • “Where’s Mom?” “Gone to the store!” 

And with that, another busy day comes to an end! But where that one ends, another one is ready to begin.

JG

Originally posted 5/5/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Atlanta 1996

Sometimes the decisions you don't make are as defining as the ones you do. For 15 minutes, on Friday July 27, 1996, I sat on a bench jus...