Saturday, January 28, 2023

Share a Coke With...

Last winter, when Holly was still in Cherbourg, she told us about a fun campaign that Coca-Cola was featuring in France.

The title of the campaign (en français, of course) was ‘Share a Coke with…’ Each bottle of refreshing Coca-Cola® had the name of a person you might want to share a Coke with. Brigitte. Pierre. Sophie. Olivier.

You get the idea.

I thought it was such a simple campaign, yet brilliant. Whenever we would Skype, I’d ask Holly if she had seen any more ‘Buvez un Coca avec…’ bottles. Usually, she had a good one to mention. 

So, fast forward to yesterday. I was walking through my local supermarket and I saw a Coca-Cola display. Guess what slogan I found?

image

That’s right folks, the campaign has come to ‘Murca. 

I love it. Right in the middle of the display of Cokes, I saw a ‘Share a Coke With Steve’ bottle (just like last week).

 

image

Now, Holly and I are on a quest to find Holly and Jeff bottles as well as a Lisa and a Paul.  Then, imagine each reader of the blog gets curious and finds a bottle to match their name.  I wish I would somehow get a commission on those sales!

Anyway, I’m sure this is just what the marketers at Coca-Cola had in mind.

Imagine parties. Scavenger hunts, if you will. And the host has managed to find a bottle labeled with each guest’s name.

Or family holiday gatherings. Each family member has a bottle to match. Maybe Coke would even label one for Santa so he would be ready for his Christmas eve run.

I wonder if the campaign has also made it to Brazil? Can you imagine the excitement of 2014 FIFA World Cup attendees when they found their own bottle?

The possibilities are endless.

It all starts with a name. And a bottle. And that moment when you twist the cap, hear the fizz and enjoy a refreshing sip of that traditional American beverage; a drink personalized just for you.

JG

Originally posted 6/24/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Atlanta 1996

Sometimes the decisions you don't make are as defining as the ones you do. For 15 minutes, on Friday July 27, 1996, I sat on a bench jus...