Today is Thanksgiving Day and, as you might imagine, there are many
reasons we Garys are thankful this year.
Sometimes, it seems, we take our blessings for granted. Then, you have a
challenging year like this one and when you make it through the rough
spot and look back, it’s easy to see we have many reasons to be
Thankful.
- New Job
- Good health
- Great opportunity to blog (with wonderful loyal readers)
- Lovely, safe home
- Wonderful Church
- Fantastic Family
The blessings go on and on. I could list 101 and still not exhaust my list.
We welcomed Paul home from college for the long weekend; in a few
weeks Holly will sail back across the big pond to be home for the
holidays. We’re proud of both of these outstanding young adults and
amazed at all their accomplishments.
Further, both of us have loving and supportive extended families –
parents, siblings, uncles, aunts, cousins and more.
Oh, and yes, we have Roger the Cat! (Or as he would see it…He has
US!).

Anyway, I just thought I’d take a moment to express my gratitude.
As we all sit down to lunch today (or dinner, later, if that is your custom), I
invite you to count your many blessings, too. Or at least the first few at
the top of your list. I predict you’ll find you’re just as rich if not more so.
So, on this occasion, let me take this opportunity to wish you a very
Happy Thanksgiving 2013. Enjoy the day; savor the goodies. Count the
blessings.
JG
Originally posted 11/28/2013
No comments:
Post a Comment