I’ve told you that around our house, in the summertime, a baseball game on tv is often some very pleasant background noise – the soundtrack of the season.
The sound of the crowd, the sing-song nature of the play-by-play, the ballpark organ. They all blend together to form a beautiful soothing summer sound.
A baseball game has breaks between innings, of course, and that means you see (hear) lots of television commercials over the course of a season. You see good ones and not so good ones. A key to a good advertising message, it seems, is that It’s Not Complicated.
Coincidentally, that is the slogan that AT & T is using for its current television ad campaign. Simplicity. Cohesive message. Cute kids.
It’s a home run.
Like the iPhones we have through AT & T…pretty simple.

Holly and I have been talking about these commercials…the fun banter between the little kids and the super serious adult who moderates their free-flowing conversations. You can watch all of the spots here or just sample one or two of your faves.
Holly really likes the one titled “Pickle Roll.” I’m a big fan of “More,” and “Candy Island.” But, going through all of them, I found that I remembered some of the others from the winter or spring.
I think what I like about the spots – apart from the cute kids, themselves – is how AT&T picks a theme that would matter to a cell phone shopper…like saving money…or the speed of the phone…and they drive that point home through the use of humor.
Or, put another way, “It’s Not Complicated.”
JG
(Source: youtube.com)
Originally posted 6/4/2013
No comments:
Post a Comment