There’s a place a Gemini dream
There’s no escaping from the love we have seen
So come with me, turn night to day
You gonna wake up
You know you gonna wake up in a Gemini dream
I’ve been having some interesting, vivid dreams recently. This isn’t like me. Not like me at all.
Since we have now officially made it into my month, and since we are about to cross over into Gemini time, maybe each one could be officially classified as the “Gemini Dream.”
Let’s face it. Usually, my dreams are fairly boring. Here’s one of my dreams from a few years ago that I like to use as an example when I’m telling people how boring my dreams generally are. Here goes:
“I’m riding a bus and I’m reading a newspaper.”
That’s it. Nothing more. Nothing less. Me. A Bus. A Newspaper. Presumably, it’s an edition of the Farragut Press.
So when I tell you that the latest dream cycle has been a little more juicy, it’s no joke.
I’ve been having some vivid dreams about work recently. I’m not stressed out or worried. I love my job. But, it’s almost like my mind is prioritizing tasks for the upcoming day or upcoming week.
Call it a nocturnal ‘to do’ list. It’s actually been quite helpful.
The most recent doozy – with lots of detail and imagery – relates to Paul and our years of baseball (I know this fact will be utterly shocking to long-time Coach Jeff’s Blog readers).
This dream might’ve been prompted by the series of Throwback Thursday photos I’ve been sharing over on Facebook. In any case, Paul seemed to be about 12ish in this dream (with a very short buzzcut)…kind of as he looked when we took on the Web Gems in a fun Rocky Hills tournament.

He and I love to talk about this tournament and his outstanding performance against that Kentucky-based team on a warm late May Sunday.
Anyway, back to the dream.
In the opening scene, we’re getting ready for the game to begin but Paul has not arrived from some other obligation. An unknown voice in the dream tells me “he’s coming from Downtown.”
At the tournament venue (conveniently located next to Interstate 40, a place that quite honestly does not really exist), we can look out and see that traffic is at a standstill. Obviously, I am about to reformulate my starting line-up because Paul is no where to be found.
And then…presto…he arrives. He’s there just in time for the start of the game. He goes off to do a quick change into his Choppers uniform. Before he runs off to change, though, I want to take a quick photo.
It doesn’t really make sense. It’s a dream, after all. But, then again maybe I was planning ahead for a future blog? Or future tbt?
In any case, it’s a happy ending. That’s the only possible ending for a “Gemini Dream.”
Wonder what I may dream about tonight?
JG
Originally posted 5/7/2014
No comments:
Post a Comment