One of the more fun aspects of writing Coach Jeff’s Blog is receiving the positive feedback from loyal readers.
After my recent post about name confusion (My Name is Gary, Jeff Gary), a loyal reader – a fellow member of FPC – greeted me in the narthex on Sunday morning with a hearty “Hello Gary.” He grinned and winked as he shook my hand. Well played!
That particular post even struck a chord with Holly and Paul. He re-blogged it; she posted a nice comment.
I also received nice comments about the two recent nostalgic posts about my involvement with Fantasy of Trees (Noon Moon Joe and The Primo Party). Two former co-workers sent me nice notes (one regarding each of the two blogs.
I really enjoyed that stroll down memory lane with each of those gentlemen. Or you might say, those Fantasy of Trees blogs were really able to bear fruit.

My post about fall colors (Beautiful Colors) prompted an email from my cousin, Mike, who is a science teacher in South Florida. I suspect one of the things he misses about living in East Tennessee is the four seasons and, in particular, autumn. At any rate, I appreciated his note to me explaining the science behind our annual color blast.
And on a personal note, it’s always great to correspond with him.
Speaking of weather, two other meteorological posts Rainy Days and Mondays and Weather or Not) also elicited feedback. A fellow parent expressed dismay about the ominous forecast for the week of Thanksgiving (we were both ‘thankful’ the worst of the winter weather did not come to pass as our respective college students made their way home for the break).
After I posted the blog titled “Rainy Days and Mondays” I also made reference to another rain-related song, “It’s Raining Again" by the group, Supertramp. A former high school pal of mine was playing a Facebook game at the same time. If a reader ‘liked’ her post about rock bands she would assign the name of a band to that person. Your challenge was to tell lots of detail about the aforementioned group.
At any rate, she wrote to me and challenged me to pen an appropriate entry.
I confess that I came up short in my analysis of Supertramp. I didn’t really have any witty comments or profound observations. In retrospect, I might’ve said that I didn’t find “The Logical Song” to be all that logical at all! But, I whiffed on the opportunity and now the moment is past.
Sorry!
On a much more somber note, one of my most loyal readers responded to my recent post regarding the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President Kennedy (JFK 50). He was a college student at the time of the tragedy and he told me about hearing the news as he walked around campus that day. His comments also included his observations about the “end of innocence” in our country that really started with that fateful day.
This is just a snapshot of some of the interaction I have been fortunate to have with readers of Coach Jeff’s Blog over the course of the past month or so. I really appreciate the comments and feedback so please keep them coming!
Speaking of feedback, later this month, we’ll do the third annual year in review. As always the Top 10 Gary Stories will be a two part series recapping a truly amazing year. If you are a long-time loyal reader – or if you just popped in and particularly liked a particular post – drop me a note. I’ll try to save at least one of the Top 10 for the Coach Jeff Readers!
The Reader’s Choice is just another way for me to say ‘thanks’ for being loyal followers of Coach Jeff’s Blog. Look for the annual year-in-review in about three weeks!
JG
Originally posted 12/3/2013
No comments:
Post a Comment