The packages are all wrapped; the house looks lovely. In a few hours, the guests arrive.
The season is here.
It’s officially ‘almost’ Christmas.
I’m not sure when I can drop the ‘almost’ part. When Lisa’s family members begin arriving? Tonight at Christmas Eve services at church? When the clock strikes midnight? When two ‘big kids’ run downstairs as in olden days to see presents left by Santa?

Or when I open my first gift at my folks’ house - in the same room where I’ve celebrated too many Christmases to count - tomorrow.
As in past years, there are many milestones in the celebration of Christmas.
However you celebrate your holiday, I hope it is warm and welcoming. And if you don’t celebrate, I hope you have some nice time off.
For those enjoying Christmas, I hope you enjoy some excellent food; receive all the presents on your wish list; connect or re-connect with family and friends. If you attend services this evening, I hope you will find them to be warm and meaningful.
Above all else, I wish you a very Merry Christmas.
JG
Originally posted 12/24/2012
No comments:
Post a Comment