Since I was away, there have been a few developments on some topics I have written about earlier. So, I thought that today, I’d give you some updates…
Root Canal/Crown
Remember I wrote about how the term ‘root canal’ needed some positive public relations? Well, I experienced mine. And I’m here to tell you, “it wasn’t so bad.” Not much pain; Not much discomfort.
I had gone to the endodontist for this procedure. After it was done, I went back to my regular dentist for the crown.
The only pain involved there…was in the wallet!
Bat Patrol
Before I left town, I told you about how we had purchased a bat house. I had written, earlier, about how we had bats near the attic vent on the west side of our house. We’re in the process of working with a wildlife removal expert to have the bats 'excluded’ from our residence. The idea of a bat house was to give our new tenants a place to go when they’re no longer allowed to stay here.
Our theory is, as is said the Semisonic song “Closing Time,” “You don’t have to go home but you can’t stay here!”
The only thing is…since we’ve come back, we’re not seeing many traces of our flying friends. I sure hope they didn’t relocate without us!
I’ve seen a few of them flying very high in the sky at dusk…and I’ve seen a little debris (but not much). Will be interesting to hear what the wildlife experts say when they come back in three weeks.
The Great Sea Race
A few weeks ago, I told you about 'The Racing Presidents,’ the mascots who race nightly at home games for the MLB Washington Nationals ballclub.
As the Braves made their first trip to Miami to face the Marlins at THEIR new ballpark, I have learned the Marlins have their own version of a mascot race: “The Great Sea Race.” The Nats have George, Thomas, Abe and Teddy; the Marlins feature Bob the Shark, Spike the Sea Dragon, Julio the Octopus and Angel the Stone Crab. As befits the Marlins new park, the sea characters are very colorful.
I’m not sure if they have a designated “loser,” though, but I guess my guess would be the Crabby racer!
JG
Originally posted 6/6/2012
No comments:
Post a Comment