Recently, an old Facebook photo of me got quite a bit of attention. Funny thing - I had posted the photo a couple years ago but a good friend of mine had discovered it and rekindled a nice discussion about it.
The photo shows me sporting my ‘Peter Brady Look’ along with a wry sort of grin. Who knows what I was thinking that moment? Probably something witty (or so I thought).

Upon closer review, you can also see a Christmas package in the lower left corner. I’m sure the picture was taken during my college days - probably just after the semester came to a close.
I remember those college Christmas days. Lots of fun.
I’m reliving them a bit these days because I see my daughter following the same pattern. Now that finals are over, a bunch of her old high school buddies have come home for their mid-year break. She’s enjoying spending time with them. Late last week, she hosted a party. Over the weekend, she saw a bunch of friends (many of whom are in college here in town). Tonight, she’s out with another chum - but one who attends college out of state.
That was a fun aspect of Christmas break during that era in your life - the never-ending nights of reconnecting with pals. I don’t recall that many of my friends went away to school - with Holly it seems more like it’s about 50/50 - but, still, you get busy during the course of the semester. The downtime gives you that precious time to catch up.
Late nights, staying up, solving all the problems of the world and making endless plans for the future. And, with late nights, you also have the flexibility of sleeping in during the following morning.
Such a special and wonderful time in your life. I hope Holly is getting the most out of her time. I feel I, myself, had a wonderful experience and I was very pleased with the outcome.
If you don’t believe me, check out the photo!
JG
Originally posted 12/19/2011
No comments:
Post a Comment