Today’s is St. Valentine’s Day and, for all you lovers out there, here’s a ‘shout out’ to ya. I hope you have a happy and special day.
For myself, I have had many happy Valentine’s Days over the years and I feel thankful and blessed to say so. To be sure, I left some goodies in a proper location so they would be found early this morning. I hope/believe she will be pleased.

I wasn’t always so lucky, of course. We all have our share of tales of woe associated with this day. There’s nothing more lonely than to stroll the aisle of red and pink greeting cards at your local drugstore/supermarket/discount store when you have no Valentine and, therefore, no reason to be shopping for February 14.
My son, happy to say, does and, in fact, had been planning for HIS Valentine shopping for a few weeks now. He asked if I would take him, on Sunday, to make the purchases which he, too, would be giving early this morning.
He knew exactly what items he wanted to purchase and where he wanted to purchase them. He even had a budget. I was very impressed with the precision with which he approached his acquisitions.
I am eager to hear his account that his gifts – like mine – were well-received. Hope so anyway.
Meanwhile, I fear there are a few poor schleps who will be cruising by CVS on the way home to pick up one of the last remaining cards – hopefully without the corners bent and graced by a match envelope – and hoping there might be one or two remaining boxes of Whitman Samplers left for them in the candy aisle.
But even still, you have to give them credit. They tried. How many hubbies will arrive home empty-handed and then begin their soft shoe number that starts off with a blank stare/Holy Crap look followed quickly by a “But, but, but…” If he can think fast enough – which makes you wonder why he forgot anyway – he MIGHT be able to propose an alternate plan or quickly materialize with belated dinner reservations.
I’m glad NOT to be in either of those groups and, I’m glad that it seems my son has started off on the right path as well.
For all the others, I wish them “Good luck.”
And for all of you, I wish you a very Happy Valentine’s Day!
JG
(Source: hallmark.com)
Originally posted 2/14/2012
No comments:
Post a Comment