Editor's Note - With this week being the start of MLB's Postseason, #CoachJeff will focus on postseason baseball in Monday-Thursday editions. Next week, we'll resume our regular format and schedule.
Yesterday, I gave you my wild card picks. How am I looking after the collection of Game Ones yesterday?
Well, you win some/you lose some. For the record, I was 1-3 yesterday. Yikes.
I'm not going to change course now, of course. As we used to say on the Choppers "Go Big or Go Home!" (OR alternatively, "Shake, shake, shake it off.").
On to Round Two. Here, then, are my picks for the American League and National League Division Series.
Division Round
American League Division Series
#3 Astros at #2 Guardians
To me, this might be the most evenly matched postseason series. Cleveland manager Steven Vogt has done a masterful job instilling Guard Ball with his club and has led them to three straight division titles. They have some nice young pitching and a lights out closer.
Still, I can't shake that feeling I mentioned yesterday about the Astros and postseason.
#CoachJeff Says: Astros 3-2
American League Division Series
#5 Red Sox at #1 Rays
For years, the Rays seem to have the Red Sox number. Add to that the way they are playing smart, efficient baseball. Small ball at the plate; solid pitching and defense in the field. It's a winning combination.
Spoiler alert - To use a March Madness term, I'm leaning toward going "chalk" for my World Series picks.
#CoachJeff Says: Rays 3-1
Division Round
National League Division Series
#6 Phillies at #2 Dodgers
Just like last year, I think this is where the Phillies' run ends and I don't think it will be as close. A well-rested deep Dodgers club spins Philly into postseason like a crisp Koufax curveball.
#CoachJeff Says: Dodgers 3-0
National League Division Series
#5 Padres at #1 Brewers
I think this one goes the distance. I can't shake my thoughts about hot baseball teams catching lightning in a bottle and making an autumn postseason run. But the Brew Crew's pitching, discipline and smart baseball may be just enough to hold off the Padres. I can see The Miz closing them out with a dominant Game Five performance.
#CoachJeff Says: Brewers 3-2
Should be a fun round of Division Series. Tomorrow, I will close out the week with my picks for the ALCS, NLCS and the World Series.
Enjoy!
JG
No comments:
Post a Comment