Sometimes, you lay back and let the current take you where it will.
For months after retirement, that was my approach. Or as a wise friend said "Take a beat."
What she meant, I think, was don't feel the need to rush into "what comes next." Indeed, it will find you. And so it has.
Even as #CoachJeff's Blog has continued to percolate, I've gotten involved in some volunteer leadership PR/communications activities. I'll spend much of this fall getting ready to take those roles on come January. Fall is prep-time.
All at once, it occurred to me that I really needed a spiffed-up online presence in addition to the blog. And add all that: I felt like my old internet-based email was starting to look dated.
Also, I didn't like some of the recent "arm-twisting" the provider imposed.
So, 1+2+3 = ...
Today. I am introducing my new online presence - Web.JeffGary.Net.
Feels like appropriate timing as we exit August and enter September and the beginning of meteorologic fall. It's a time for new beginnings.
The website tells a little bit about me and my professional accomplishments. I am not actively seeking other opportunities, but should one come my way, it would be nice to have my credentials catalogued, concisely and professionally, in an online forum.
The website also introduces my new email address: jeff@jeffgary.net.
Last week, I did a soft launch. I wanted to take the site for a test drive and work out any kinks. Once I made a few tweaks and adjustments, I sent emails to some of my contacts. Also, I let them know about the new email.
Web.JeffGary.Net will also connect to this site. So, now, you will have two different ways to access the blog. On my website, I will list a few of my favorites as well as the two most recent posts. But there is also a link back to the full #CoachJeff collection.
In coach-speak, a win-win!
Check it out. Let me know what you think. Drop me a line a the new email address.
If you have any thoughts about the blog--pro or con--you can shoot me a note. Anything you'd like to see. Any topics you'd like me to cover. You name it. Open forum.
And, in the meantime, we can just see where the tide takes us.
JG
No comments:
Post a Comment