I'll admit it: I've not been the most agreeable person when it comes to our (new) current month.
But as the calendar flipped from July to August over the weekend, I decided to accentuate the positive this year.
I mean, it is easy enough to talk about the dawg days, fret about the heat and humidity or grumble about the end of the slow pace of summer. But how about we look at the bright side, instead?
Rather than chirping about the end of summer vacation, how about let's chat about new beginnings. Clean slate. Fresh start. A blank canvass to fill during the 2026-27 school year. I'm going to go on record today: there's lots to like about August.
Rather than sweating the heat, how about this instead: We're now just 50 days away from the official start of fall! And football season kicks off in just a few short weeks.
For me personally, there are some new volunteer opportunities coming my way in the new year. The next four months will provide plenty of training time for me as I get ready.
There will be radio contacts to make and contests to fill the airwaves. And in the baseball world, the August 3 trade deadline at 6 p.m. today ushers in the final push in the 2026 pennant race.
Just this past weekend, Lisa and I had the opportunity to meet up with out of town friends visiting for the weekend. We spent time enjoying a brief bit of reminiscing and focusing on the future as well.
It was a good time.
Speaking of the future, my good friend Ed has two grandsons. The youngest? His name is August. How about that for positive?
In this corner of the blogosphere, #CoachJeff has you covered with content 17 times this month. I'll do my best to keep it upbeat. And, by the way, have I mentioned, recently, that 17 is our family's lucky number?
So, you see....lots for me and my family to feel good about in this August of 2026. I hope you can grasp some of that positive vibe in your world, too.
No need to mess around with Mister In-between.
JG
No comments:
Post a Comment