While things have slowed down around town because of all the wintery weather, thespam emailers have been busy.
Maybe they just don’t have enough to do.
When I checked my personal account this morning, I couldn’t believe how full my spam folder was. Email after email offering me great deals, once in a lifetime opportunities and self-improvement features. You know, as much as we think spam is a bad thing I decided to re-think the whole thing. I mean, after all, if these folks were so generous as to provide me these great proposals, I should at least consider them, right?
;-)
Let’s just say, that, this morning, my in-box was full.

First off, I opened the Macy’s message. Lisa and I have been hoping for a Macy’s location in our metro area. Surely this message would bring the good news. Alas, the only news I received was a curt “This message contains blocked images.” Believe it or not, that is the same message I received from Amazon and Lands End.
Then, I scrolled down the list and found another curious message called Date Request (gotta be something about my electronic calendar, right?).
Imagine my surprise when I saw these words:
Hello jeffdgary
We have good news for you!
Someone wants to meet you.
There is a person in Knoxville that could be a great match.
Note to spammer. You’re right. There is a person in Knoxville that is a great match. Her name is Lisa and she’s sitting right over there.
I made it about halfway through the list and I was starting to lose my optimism. I continued. Like finding a needle in haystack, surely I could find something of value. Then, I got to a couple messages with buttons to click. And if I should quick on either of them great things will happen!
Still…I’m the cautious type. Maybe I WON’T click on the buttons. But, I can put in the following URL and it will take me to the same spot (www.blahblahblah.com/abcdefg12345 blah blah blah).
Again…I just wasn’t feeling it, so I typed only the first part of the URL can you believe my surprise?
When I tried to visit the website for the venerable company techfourcloud I got the following error message: 404 Not Found. Tried the same thing when I searched for justmyimphost. They got the 404, too.
Hmmm…
Now get this you blankety blank hackers. Who do you think you are? Do you think I’m stupid enough to click on your button? To pop in your URL just so your virus and malware can download into my computer? Think I just fell off the turnip truck? I was just toying with you.
Tell ya what. I’m gonna just hit the EMPTY button for my spam folder and in the meantime, I’m gonna keep my spam filter on the highest setting and continue to delete you day after day after day.
Now…Hey you spammers, get off my computer screen!
That was fun.
JG
Originally posted 2/26/2015
No comments:
Post a Comment