Thursday, July 22, 2021

Race ya to 50

I started Coach Jeff’s blog at the beginning of the fall. I had no idea how quickly I’d make it to my 50th post. But then, I guess I’m really enjoying the opportunity to write. It happened rather quickly.

I hope you are enjoying what I have been saying and that you will continue to read along.

So far, I’ve written about my family and our cat Roger and his unique outlook on the world.


I’ve also had the occasion to write about our wonderful Veterans. I’ve explored homecoming, college fairs, and class reunions. I bragged on the play “Cyrano.”

I’ve covered some negative topics like smoking, fires and aging parents. I’ve talked about the bizarre antics of football fanatics and multiple musings about baseball. Man, the offseason is tough!

And those are just in the first 50!

When I was a journalism student, I remember one professor told the class that writing was a discipline - like exercise. When you’re ‘out of shape,’ it can be difficult to get started. Once you’re in a routine of writing, it feels good and natural - like a robust workout does.

Another prof said that writing was a compulsion. I don’t know if I’d go that far. But, I can tell you that writing this blog feels good - just as is the case with my ongoing journaling project that I started for Holly and Paul back six or seven years ago. In both cases, I really look forward to sitting down and writing. I feel bad when I don’t have the opportunity and I feel relieved when time and opportunity present themselves.

So, on this rainy Sunday night, opportunity DID present itself. A few minutes opened up and a bit later blog post #50 is now up.  My question, now, is what will I write about for #51?

JG

Originally posted 11/20/2011



No comments:

Post a Comment

Atlanta 1996

Sometimes the decisions you don't make are as defining as the ones you do. For 15 minutes, on Friday July 27, 1996, I sat on a bench jus...