Merry Christmas everyone. I just got home from our sacred and wonderful Christmas Eve candlelight service at Farragut Presbyterian Church. What a meaningful and magical way to celebrate this season.
As I write this, the clock is about to turn to midnight. Soon it will be Christmas Day.
My wish for all of us is that we have Peace on Earth. Really.
I wish that we all have good health. I wish that we rejoice in the bounty of family and the love and support of friendship.
I wish for a break from the frenetic pace of our lives and a chance to pause to reflect, renew and refresh.
At Christmas 2011, I wish for all of us to remember that as we are receiving wonderful gifts in the form of trinkets and treasure that Christmas is really about the ultimate gift we received from God more than 2000 years ago.
I wish that when we DO receive trinkets and treasure that we do so with grace and joy and accept them in the spirit with which they were selected for us. And I wish that we don’t hear stories of people pushing and shoving at After-Christmas sales on Monday.
I wish we can be more open and forgiving; less judgemental and harsh.
I wish for the renewal of old friendships. I wish for the breaking down of the barriers of time and space and for the mirth and merriment of good times.
All of these things are on my heart and in my mind as we celebrate this wonderful season.
Most of all, I wish you a very Merry Christmas.

JG
Originally posted 12/25/2011
No comments:
Post a Comment