Hello. Welcome to my blog.

I guess every time a new blog goes live onto the internet, there should be the obligatory “Welcome to my blog…” entry. So, here it is.

Every journey begins with the first step.

By way of introduction, my name is Jeff Gary. Who am I? Well, I’m a husband. I’m a father. I’m a son. I’m a Tennessean. I could go on but then I might be robbing myself of future writing topics, so I’ll stop there!

One of my good friends calls me “Mr. P.R.” I think he means that as a compliment. In any case, it is an accurate description – at least in terms of my career. I have spent nearly 20 years in the field of public relations. My experience includes media relations, publications management, volunteer management, electronic communications and social media (just to name a few). I am trained as a writer and I’ve served as a publications editor and journalist.

Before this starts to read like an online resume, I’ll stop there.

I’ve had the great fortune to work for some great organizations and to experience some wonderful times over the course of my career. And I’m looking forward to many good years to come and more adventures to celebrate.

As I begin this blog, I think my purpose is to document some of those adventures. I also love writing, so this is just another outlet to exercise that pastime.

Some of my entries MAY be career-related but my topic list could be all over the place – from baseball to barbecue, from presidents to parenthood (and everything in between). I am fortunate to have many diverse interests and to have experienced many great times. I will write about some of those. I may also go back in time and recount some interesting past adventures. I’ll just let it unfold naturally.

And, I will also chronicle some of the daily ins and outs/ups and downs of a modern life of a dad, husband, Tennessean, Mr. P.R. Well…you get the idea.

So I invite you to come along. Enjoy the adventure with me!

JG

Originally posted 9/20/2011