Sunday, July 25, 2021

Happy Easter

Throughout this weekend, I have seen some great photos celebrating Easter holidays of the past. Those photos illustrate some great family stories about Great Aunt Bernice or good ol’ Uncle Jack.

The stories highlighted great Easter fashions, fun Easter egg hunts and some fabulous meals.

I asked Lisa about remembrances of her Easter memories from childhood. Most of them focused on great family meals alternating between one set of grandparents and the other. She noted that the Easter bunny was not a huge part of her family traditions.

She asked about my memories and, sad to say, there really isn’t much. Easter wasn’t one of our biggies for some reason. The Easter bunny DID make regular visits and he was quite generous. That’s pretty much the extent of it, though.

Focusing on family history this week - which I wrote about Tuesday - with the release of the 1940 U.S. Census data, I couldn’t help but wonder how those family members celebrated Easter all those years ago. And that brought me back to modern times as we, in our family, continue to make wonderful memories.

I’m quite happy that Lisa and I have developed our own holiday traditions. Focusing on the special times the four of us spend together, our celebration really centers on three major areas.

Church
image

A wonderful lunch
image

Family photos to commemorate the day

image

image

Our celebration of Easter 2012 was wonderful. Punctuated by the amazing weather we’ve been having this spring, we really enjoyed spending the day together. We all got some yummy treats and we capped the day off with a fabulous dinner here at home.

I hope your own commemoration of this holiday was equally enriching for you and your family. I hope you had a special day, spent time with friends and families and made some great memories for your own family scrapbook.

Happy Easter everyone!

JG

Originally posted 4/8/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Atlanta 1996

Sometimes the decisions you don't make are as defining as the ones you do. For 15 minutes, on Friday July 27, 1996, I sat on a bench jus...