A few weeks back, I told you about our project to find the perfect Paul picture for his senior yearbook ‘baby picture ad.’ I think I mentioned a little bit about going through the picture cabinet in order to locate the photo.
I knew then that I would be coming back to that cabinet very soon because it was begging to be organized. Today, the other shoe fell. In other words, the project began.
I love doing a project like this. For Lisa, I think it daunting chore. I prefer to think of it as a fun challenge.
And, in my mind, I could easily visualize how this project would take on four distinct phases:
- Categorization
- Processing
- Packaging
- Finalization
Or, put another way, I would have to go through the stuff and sort it. I’d make a 'recycle’ pile. I’d box up some of it. And the last two steps would involve putting photos in photo albums for Holly and Paul.
Here’s what a sample page in Holly’s book looks like:

I’ve still got one more major step to go. I think I will save that for another time. And I will write about it then.
As for what I did today, I feel very good about it. The end result is that a cabinet that was crammed full of miscellaneous stuff is now cleaned out and organized. The recycling bin is a bit fuller. Meanwhile, the unknown items that were in the cabinet for years now have a proper place to be stored (and they are labelled as such).
As for the pix - years and years of formal portraits and school photos are now in albums.
- One for Holly
- One for Paul
- One for us
As it should be.
JG
Originally posted 9/23/2012
No comments:
Post a Comment