Thursday, July 22, 2021

All He Does is Win

You might remember I wrote some weeks ago about growing up as an Oakland Raiders fan. So, you can probably surmise I am no Denver Broncos fan.

And being a Tennessee Vol, you can also deduce that I am not likely to jump on the Tim Tebow bandwagon.

I will admit, however, he has grasped the reigns from a lackluster NFL season and added some excitement. As the song says - the DJ Steve Porter Mashup - All He Does is Win. What’s it now? Seven out of eight? It definitely gives us all something to talk about.

What would be the story otherwise? Another run for New England? Ho Hum. A repeat Super Bowl champion. Yawn. Pittsburgh? Baltimore? New York? Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

So, the Tebow story is definitely a refreshing change from the norm - just as his style of quarterbacking also breaks the mold.

This week he’ll be challenged by the aforementioned New England team. We’ll see if he can keep his mojo going against that level of competition.

JG

(Source: youtube.com)

Originally posted 12/13/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Atlanta 1996

Sometimes the decisions you don't make are as defining as the ones you do. For 15 minutes, on Friday July 27, 1996, I sat on a bench jus...