Thursday, February 2, 2023

Welcome Back

It is great to have Archer’s BBQ back in West Knoxville!

Lisa and I dropped by the new store, located at 10205 (next to Fedex Kinkos) on Monday evening to herald the opening of our favorite restaurant this week - a mere 10 minutes’ drive from our house.

The warm, juicy Memphis-style barbecue - topped by our choice of tangy, fresh-made sauces and served with tasty sides - was wonderful as always.

image

To recap, you might recall Archer opened his first shop in the heart of Farragut in February 2011 and stayed there until July 31, 2012.

After nearly a year-and-a-half of operation at the original spot, he moved to the Bearden location, situated at 5415 Kingston Pike. He made that move in August 2012. From there, he launched a Karns store (7650 Oak Ridge Highway) in January 2013 and, in October of last year, a Powell location (6714 Central Avenue Pike).

In the years since he left the original location, we have continued to be loyal followers (and we have ‘followed’ Archer’s by eating at the other locations). Still, there is nothing quite like being able to phone in a take-out order and then dropping by a couple minutes later to pick it up.

And since Archer’s was always our go-to for a quick and delicious bite near-by, it will now return to that status.  If you haven’t had a chance to check out Archer’s, consider this my whole-hearted endorsement. If you are a lover of barbecue, I recommend that you give it a try. You won’t be disappointed!

I would be remiss if I didn’t mention that Holly has worked for Archer, now, on three different occasions. Originally, she worked for him at the Farragut store. When she left to go to France the first time, her study-abroad in Pau, she turned in her notice.

Then, as his operation expanded, he hired her to come back last year when she basically served as a courier, taking needed items from his commissary location to the various sites.  When she went back to France last September, she bid her work in the barbecue field a fond ‘adieu’ but then she has been working for Archer, again, this summer. 

He has been a good employer for her. And now, as she heads to grad school next month, she’ll wrap up her latest stint as a Q-runner. The timing is noteworthy. In her last week of work for him, she helped at the new   location.

I’m thrilled to throw a Coach Jeff’s Blog shout out to Archer and his crew in the first week of operation of the West Knoxville store. I have a feeling the new site will do quite well since he has built such a loyal following in this community.

So with that, I will close with these two simple but heart-felt words: Welcome Back!

JG

Originally posted 7/23/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Atlanta 1996

Sometimes the decisions you don't make are as defining as the ones you do. For 15 minutes, on Friday July 27, 1996, I sat on a bench jus...