I get it. My wife loves the color blue!
For Christmas, she bought me a lovely light blue Ralph Lauren polo shirt. For my birthday, she bought me a lovely light blue Lands End polo shirt. Both are very nice shirts. Were it not for the Polo emblem, the two would be very much alike (the blue on the Lands End shirt is slightly brighter).
Thing is, one of my oldest, most dependable polo shirts – which I have had for more than a decade – is…you got it…a lovely light blue polo shirt.
I think Lisa is sending me a message. She likes blue.
To wit. Recently, she has bought a number of shirts for me. There was the light blue button down. There was the light blue button down (with stripes). There was the dark blue button down. There was the medium blue (sans button downs). There was the blue plaid.
Do you detect a pattern here?
I have been giving her a little good-natured grief about it, but, after all, I really like all the shirts and the colors are very pleasant. I like each and every shirt.
I decided to have a little extra fun with my three light blue polos this week. Really, I guess you’d say I did a little experiment. Each day, I wore one of the three shirts (along with the same color of khaki pants, same belt, same shoes). I wondered if anyone would notice.

They didn’t.
I guess the truth of the matter is that as long as you look clean and neat, no one really keeps a scoresheet of what clothes you wear. It’s like I always say, people are self-absorbed. They don’t worry about me. They worry about them.
It was kind of a fun exercise. And, like I say, I like all 3 shirts.
I didn’t mention that Lisa also got me a couple other shirts for my birthday. Both are Tennessee Titans shirts – one long sleeve; one short. She told me that before she bought them (and got a steal of a deal on them, by the way) that she had a dream that she was buying a shirt for me that was a duplicate.
It was.
I didn’t give her too much of a hard time about it. A true blue Titans fan can’t have too many Titans shirts, right?
Oh, one last thing. The color of the Titans shirts – both old and new?
Blue. Of course!
JG
Originally posted 6/27/2012
No comments:
Post a Comment